Having taken cognizance of the Israeli violations against the land, the inhabitants, the Islamic and Christian sanctuaries and the historic landmarks in the City of AlQuds.
Having examined attentively ways of defending the Holy City and strengthening the resilience of its population, through the financing of the Strategic Plan for the Development of the City of Al-Quds, as adopted by the Fourth Extraordinary Islamic Summit held in Makkah and the Twelfth Islamic Summit Conference.
1. We Commend and honour the steadfast Palestinian people, particularly in the City of Al-Quds Al-Sharif, for their resolve on their land and resilience in the face of Israeli aggression targeting the City of Al-Quds, its citizens, sanctuaries, history, cultural identity and demographic composition.
2. We Reiterate that the cause of Al-Quds Al-Sharif is the cause of the entire Islamic Ummah and at the core of the Palestinian issue, which commands the attention of all states and peoples of the world. We stress the need to abide by the international legitimacy resolutions, the UN Charter and the principles of international law and international humanitarian law, which make it incumbent upon the international community to shoulder its responsibility and see to the ending of the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territory occupied since 1967, including the City of Al-Quds AlSharif, the perennial capital of Palestine, so that Palestine may enjoy justice, peace and freedom.
3. We Reiterate that the judaization policies, pursued by the Israeli occupation in Al-Quds Al-Sharif, including the expansion of settlements, construction of the Apartheid Separation Wall, coercive evacuation of Palestinian citizens, abolition of their residence rights, demolition of their homes, confiscation of their properties, usurpation of their land, revocation of their citizenship, and other abusive practices, are all illegal and represent a blatant violation of the relevant UN resolutions, the ruling of the International Court of Justice and the principles of international law, including the provisions of the 1949 Fourth Geneva Convention, the 1954 Hague Convention for the Protection of Cultural Heritage in the Event of Armed Conflict, and the 1972 Convention concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
4. We Strongly condemn all the measures by Israel, the occupying authority, in the City of Al-Quds Al-Sharif, including the illegal excavation works in the old-city in Al-Quds Al-Sharif, particularly underneath the foundations of the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque and the continuous terrorization of the residents by the settlers and their desecration of Holy sites. We consider these practices a direct and dangerous targeting of the religious, cultural, historical, and architectural character of the City, and we hereby reiterate the responsibility that must be shouldered by the international community, particularly the UN Security Council, in taking the necessary measures to put an end to Israel’s policies and practices aimed at imposing a fait accompli, with a view to altering the city’s political, geographic and demographic status, thus jeopardizing international peace and security.
5. We stress that the Strategic Plan for the Development of the vital sectors in the City of Al-Quds Al-Sharif, which sets out the priorities and emergency requirements of the City of Al-Quds, represents a reference for the mobilization of resources and the implementation of projects there. To this end, we pledge to finance it and commit to commence disbursement of this pledges as soon as possible in accordance with the mechanisms indicated in the plan, and in coordination with the OIC General Secretariat and close coordination with the State of Palestine.
6. We affirm to continue efforts and expand participation in and actual contribution to the Al-Quds and Al-Aqsa Funds by all Member States and to continue to benefit from the many years of accumulated experiences of Bayt Mal Al-Quds Agency in executing projects in Al-Quds. We also welcome the initiative of the State of Qatar to establish 1 billion dollar fund to support Al-Quds and its pledge to support the fund with US$ 250 million to help in the implementation of the strategic plan for the development of the city of Al-Quds.
7. We Reiterate our commitment to work with relevant international organizations to extend support to the City of Al-Quds Al-Sharif, and invite the international community to discharge its duties to bring about the development of the city and boost the steadfastness of the people of AlQuds Al-Sharif.
8. We Welcome the stands reflected in the report of the EU Member States’ heads of mission in East Jerusalem, and call for the implementation of the recommendations of the said reports, including the implementation of the European law relevant to the goods originating from the settlements, including the implementation of the resolution to mark the settlements’ goods.
9. We Strongly condemn any measure adopted by any institution, be it governmental or non-governmental, in conflict with international law, likely to consolidate the Israeli occupation of the City of Al-Quds, including meeting Israeli officials in the City and any corporate actions in favour of the occupation system. We reiterate that necessary legitimate measures would be taken against parties that may engage in such infractions, including direct protest and boycotting of all enterprises that undertake works or projects for the benefit of the occupation machinery in the Holy City.
10. We highly appreciate the UNESCO’s decision to dispatch an expert mission to investigate the situation in the city of Al-Quds and its historical sites and strongly condemn Israel, the occupying authority, for preventing the said mission from carrying out its task. We also call upon the Member States of the UNESCO to assume their responsibilities to defend and protect the cultural heritage of the occupied city of Al-Quds and to see to the early implementation of all its resolutions on the matter, including the need for the mission to carry out its task, fulfill its mission, and report thereon as soon as possible. We also support the Palestinian-Jordanian Experts meeting under the patronage of UNESCO to save the Ascent to the Mughrabi Gate and to implement the project presented to UNESCO on 27 May 2011.
11. We Express our heartfelt thanks to H.E. Mr. Ilham Aliyev, president of the Republic of Azerbaijan, and the government and people of Azerbaijan, for graciously hosting this conference of vital significance and importance and for providing all the necessary means to ensure its success, in support of the City of Al-Quds and of its steadfast people. The Ministers also expressed their full solidarity with and support for the Government and people of Azerbaijan in strengthening their national statehood, the restoration of the territorial integrity of the Republic of Azerbaijan and express their best wishes for continuous success and prosperity to the brotherly people of Azerbaijan.
BAKU, 11 JUNE 2013